Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Fun Diversion - Response #5

Well Virginia decided to come out of retirement and make a comment. Now, in case you didn't know, Virginia was the original honey, the one who decided that the term "fag hag" was rather unflattering. And back in the day, we were inseparable. I dragged her to gay bars all over Nashville and she rarely complained, and whether we were sipping cosmopolitans at Tribe, or dancing our asses off at Connection, or getting drunk on the beach in the Outer Banks, she was there. And now even though, she ran off and got married and moved to (gasp) Kentucky, I feel she's still right here.

1) if you had to describe yourself as a fruit, which fruit would you be & why? Well you can bet it's not a cherry. I think an apple. Relatively tough skin, sweet on the inside, bruises easily, and most people tend to like apples. Although I could be wrong.

2) favorite movie and why? It's gotta be Steel Magnolias. Isn't that silly? No matter how many times I see it I never get tired of it. And whenever I catch it on TV, it just warms my heart. It's like it takes me home, and it never fails to make me laugh and cry.

3) you have $15,000 and one day to spend it... what would you get? $5,000 on new clothes, and a $10,000 to book a trip to an exotic spa, where I can read and get massaged and watch pretty boys.

4) what color best describes your personality and why? As cliche as it is, it's blue. It conveys so many meanings and messages, and is pretty diverse.

5) you could live anywhere and have a summer home anywhere... where and why? Ahhh, I would love to live in a big city with lots of character - Chicago, New York, Seattle, San Francisco, with a summer home in Key West, where I can work on being that eccentric drunk. Well, even more than I already do.

6) how do you vent your anger? I rarely vent my anger. Unhealthy, I know. But usually I decide it's not worth damaging a relationship with whatever angry words come out of my mouth. In time, it usually goes away. And how many times have you heard me say, "James, just let it go"?

7) do you love me? *mwah!* Yes. I love you.

No comments: