Monday, April 4, 2005

100 Facts I Know About Me...#31-#64

The long-awaited sequel to "100 Facts I Know About Me - Part One." This is harder than I thought it would be.

31. My most amazing scar is the v-shaped wound on my left wrist left over from sibling scuffle in which my brother knocked me out of a lawn chair and I landed on a piece of broken glass.
32. I have a mole just under my right nipple.
33. I was a chunky kid, and I still see that chunky kid when I look in the mirror.
34. My very first gay relationship ended in a very dramatic way. This deserves its own post.
35. Like a true child of the South, I love fried catfish and hushpuppies.
36. There isn’t enough money in the world to pay me to eat a chocolate-covered cherry. In fact, I loathe almost every food that squirts or oozes
37. I wear a size 9 shoe most of the time. Sometimes I can get into an 8.5.
38. My first fully-understood gay crush was on a friend of mine, before I knew he was gay. My best friend slept with him first. And I was furious.
39. I’ve been paid for sex – twice.
40. My first job ever was as a gas station attendant.
41. My second job was as a cook at
Krystal.
42. My first job out of college was as a copywriter for an advertising/PR agency. It was my dream job. My first salary was $17,500. I was deluded.
43. I first got drunk the summer after I graduated high school at a friend’s birthday party. I got sick on screwdrivers and wretched in the kitchen sink.
44. I first smoked pot on my 21st birthday. That was also my first trip to a gay bar. Which also resulted in my first trick ever.
45. My dad took me to my first concert –
Conway Twitty with The Judds as the opening act.
46. The first movie I remember seeing was a re-release of “
Bambi."
47. When I was 12, my life’s ambition was to be an astronaut. I read every book on space travel, NASA and astronomy in the public library. Then the
first space shuttle exploded and I lost my nerve.
48. I started smoking when I was 19, and smoked continuously until I was 29. I still sneak.
49. My favorite flowers are white tulips.
50. One of my favorite foods is hamburgers and fries.
51. One of the most beautiful places on earth is the
Outer Banks of North Carolina.
52. I’ve only had one hospital stay in my life. When I was 11 for a stomach bug.
53. I’ve broken both ankles.
54. My heart has been broken several times.
55. I’ve been in love once in my life. And I know there are more to come.
56. I’ve taken up painting in the past year. And I think I might have some talent.
57. My first significant (key word is significant) relationship with a man was the definition of “dull.” This is not the same as #34.
58. My second significant relationship with a man was the definition of “fucked up.”
59. When my third and most recent relationship with a man was good, it was very good. When it was bad, it was downright dysfunctional.
60. I don’t like to wear underwear but, don’t worry, I do.
61. My favorite color is blue.
62. My favorite cocktail is
gin & tonic.
63. My favorite wine is whichever one I happen to be drinking at the time.
64. I once broke a boy’s nose on the schoolbus when I was in high school. I’d listened to him run his mouth long enough. I swung my arm around, caught him right across the bridge of his nose and broke it in three places. I got kicked off the bus and I got three sympathetic licks from the vice-principal. He thought the boy was a loudmouth troublemaker too.

-More to come...

2 comments:

PJ said...

mmmm. bombay sapphire... sexy bottle, sexy gin, and a surprisingly excellent website too!

but tanqueray's kinda better...
;-)

Kim said...

I recall number 42. Damn, I was making more that that at Pier 1.

And you are right about the Outer Banks.