Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Land of Milk and Honeys

More news from the honey front...

The honey I left behind in Nashville, the Pink Lady, is moving to Memphis. She's coming to take a new job, and the Bluff City is ready to welcome her with loving arms.

This is great news, as there as been a serious honey drought since I moved to Memphis. Oddly enough, the friends I have here don't necessarily have honeys in the the tri-state area, although Tinkerbell is a good honey to know and love (and I look forward to many fun times with her). So the addition of the Pink Lady is a great boon to our city.

Not that I expect Pink Lady to frequent the Pumping Station with us, but it'll still be good to have that straight girl grounding experience. Someone to offer the perspective that the world doesn't revolve around gay men but who still enjoys the company of men who enjoy the company of men.

On the phone today, I told her that we would have a "Welcome Pink Lady" party in her honor, and that she might very well be the only girl there.

She responded that she was a princess enough to hold her own in the middle of a bunch of queens.

My God, I love her!

1 comment:

Char said...

You just tell me when and where darling and I'll be there... :)