Friday, October 28, 2005

Have You Ever...? Part 3 - Virginia Strikes Back

11. Have you ever called your girlfriend/boyfriend "Honey?" I do believe that I have called a boyfriend, "Honey-lamb." But you see, here in the South, we're lazy and we call our boyfriends, "Hun." As in, "Don't worry, hun. It happens to everybody." or "Hun, why don't you put down the gun and come back to bed?"

12. Have you ever changed your appearance a lot in a short time? I once made my black-as-an-Ace-of-Spades hair platinum blonde. Freaky, to say the least, and not attractive. Not long after that, I did something with my goatee. But I can't remember if I shaved it or it I grew it.

13. Have you ever cheated on an exam? Yes, I have. In a math class in college, I hid the formulas I needed in the sliding case for my scientific calculator. And I've lifted my paper a little too high to show my answers to the cute but perpetually dumb boy in history class.

14. Have you ever cried in public? Gimme a break. Of course I have. I cry at movies. I cry at "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." I cry whenever channel-hopping just happens to land for a second on one of Animal Planet's animal rescue shows. I cry when I'm very angry and I cry when I'm very sad.

15. Have you ever dated someone from another race, culture or religion? "Dated?" No. And I'll let it go at that.

16. Have you ever driven a truck? Yes. Before I got my first car, I drove my father's black 1978 Ford pick-up truck with the fire-engine red tool box.

17. Have you ever eaten in a restaurant and realized you have no money with you? No, but once, HotAss and I were invited to a going-away dinner for which Hotass was assured that the host was picking everything up and that "everything will be taken care of." The restaurant happened to be a little out of our budget at the time, and everything wasn't taken care of. When the checks came, HotAss and I exchanged a few nervous glances across the table, when we realized neither one of us had enough cash to cover our tabs. Somewhere between random dollars and a little extra room on the credit cards, we covered it.

18. Have you ever eaten frog legs? No, but then I do have an aversion to eating meat off a bone. Especially bones that are prone to hopping and flopping around in swamp water. Blech.

19. Have you ever fallen asleep while talking on the phone? Yep.

20. Have you ever fallen down the stairs? Do I really have to answer this? Cue the wavy screen and the flashback music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, you've never been exposed to my frog legs!

Char said...

tastes like chicken...