Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Viva Las Vegas!

Bright light city gonna set my soul -
Gonna set my soul on fire.
Got a whole lot of money that's ready to burn,
So get those stakes up higher.
There's a thousand woofy men waitin' out there.
And they're all livin' devil may care.
And I'm just the devil with love to spare.
Viva Las Vegas.

Tomorrow night, HotAss and I board a Northwest flight to Sin City. And I am absolutely giddy with excitement. I left work today with an uncontrollable grin on my face. Perhaps I should get out of the house more.

This is my first real vacation in three years, and somehow I don't think a trip to Las Vegas will be the same relaxing, introspective trip as my vacation in 2002 to the Outer Banks.

And really, don't people go to Vegas to see how much trouble they can get in? Isn't that what easy weddings, cheap divorces, slot machines and whorehouses are all about? Money and sex.

When I teasingly told my dad today that I might get married out there, he laughed. Not just a chuckle, but a full-blown belly laugh.And told me a story about how he had run into someone lately (he couldn't remember who) that had commented in disbelief on how I was the last remaining member of my family who wasn't "married or shacked up."

And since I have no money, this trip must be all about the sex. Maybe I'll meet someone out there to "shack up" with. And the family will be happy.

2 comments:

buff said...

WOW, you're going at a super time. Will be interested in reading your woofy observations. Thanks for sharing,stud. Enjoy yourself.

Char said...

Just get lots of pics......