Monday, February 28, 2005

The Weekend's Bounty

Let's talk for just a minute about the bounty I gathered up at my dad's. It was like a vintage treasure trove.

I tackled my dad's closet to see what goodies he might have from, say, 1981. Certainly stuff that is now back in style. And what did I find...not one, not two, not even three...but six pearl-button shirts, even some with this great embroidery stuff on the back and over the front pockets. I found a great pair of polyester plaid pants. Now mind you, I rarely have the courage to wear something like this. Well the shirts maybe. The pants never, but who knows?

And then I raided his record collection. That's right. Not CDs. Not cassettes. But records. VINYL 78s. Wow. I found an original copy of "Johnny Cash at San Quentin."Apparently getting top dollar on Ebay. But this is one of the greatest albums ever made. And I don't even own a record player. HotAss can tell you I have an amusing album collection that I am choosing to display like art. So this Johnny Cash album and some of the others, including the soundtrack to the Elvis movie, "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" will make some stellar additions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss shopping for those.... memories... like the corners of my mind.... misty water colored memories... YOU HAVE TO GET THAT! IT'S BARBRA!!!
"no damn you! NO!"

Kim said...

You can sell those shirts for $30 a pop in the East Village.