Sunday, February 20, 2005

Reasons Why

Tonight, I had a date. And while he seemed like a nice enough guy - settled, professional, sweet - allow me to be superficial for a moment and recount the reasons it wouldn't work.
  1. He lives an hour away.
  2. He wouldn't tell me how old he is.
  3. He didn't know who Alanis Morrisette is.
  4. I think he's smooth (i.e. not hairy).
  5. His belt was black. His shoes were brown.
  6. He rarely drinks.
  7. He doesn't believe in ghosts.
  8. When we kissed good night, I saw his tongue before our lips touched.

Seems like eight reasons why I shouldn't go out with him again. And so I ask those of you who know me, what do you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not for you.

Anonymous said...

{Enters the room waving @ everyone} HI!

He lives an hour away.<----This could be a blessing. What an awesome excuse to learn about his communication skills.

He wouldn't tell me how old he is<----I agree bout this one...needs to be a bit more secure...regardless the age.

He didn't know who Alanis Morrisette is<-------God, I had to think bout who she was for a min. too. Then I looked over and saw my jagged little pill in my pill box. :)

I think he's smooth (i.e. not hairy).<-------------Ahhhhhhhhhh! But does he have the ability to grow hair and he's just shaving it?.?.?.?.? There's the question.

His belt was black. His shoes were brown.<-----Honey, did you not get the memo from GQ either?

He rarely drinks.<------Are you mad, man! Hell yes! Built in designated driver!!!!

He doesn't believe in ghosts.<-----{GASP}----Say it's not so!

When we kissed good night, I saw his tongue before our lips touched<----Wait! Can you blame a man for testing your gag reflex right from the start?

These are my thoughts...{Bows gracefully & exits stage to right}

Kim said...

Major ick on the tongue.

I can't blame you on the distance. I pretty much quit dating people who lived in Brooklyn and Queens because it was too fucking inconvenient.

The drinking thing isn't too bad. The AW doesnt drink, and so far it hasnt been an issue.

Still, I think this one has too many strikes.