Sunday, February 6, 2005

A Hell of a Night

Last night was the Mardi Gras party. Huge masquerade affair. Hundreds of people milling around a Victorian home, all disguised so that you really had no idea who the man was behind the mask. The Dynamic Duo were Dionysian revelers. T-man was a Ragin' Cajun. HotAss and Brentcess were in camo. JonJon was in black, complete with black feather boa -- sort of leather daddy meets showgirl. And I was a younger, hipper version of the Prince of Darkness. We were hot. Why, oh why, didn't I get pictures?

But now that the night has ended, there are some very important points to make.

#1: I can't find my glasses. They are somewhere in the city of Memphis in a little blue zipper make-up bag, along with the contact lens solution and the contact lens case. I'm hoping they're at T-man's on the end table, but if they're not, I don't have a clue where they are. If anyone finds them, please return them.

#2: I can't get this damn eyeliner off. I look like a heroin addict that was fathered by a raccoon. And I have spirit gum in my eyebrows.

#3: I saw this guy at the party who lives in my building. I've been trying to figure him out since he moved in. My gaydar was broken on this one, until he showed up at the party with boy in #5. As we were chatting, he said he was trying to figure me out as well, until he saw me with Pottery Barn bags. Busted by the Barn.

#4: Apparently, it WAS gas after all. At least for him. He was supposed to go the party with me, but he decided it was more fun to stand me up. OH...NOW I GET IT!! I was actually smitten with him. That's why he disappeared into thin air.

#5: I got a phone number from a cute boy last night at the party. We chatted briefly, and as he was leaving, he asked if he could give me his number. Cute.

#6: I went out dancing last night after the party, looking like hell in my latex devil horns. HotAss and Brentcess somehow got lost at Taco Bell, and never showed. I danced alone for most of the night, and I really didn't care. It was actually rather liberating, even though I was still seething from being stood up. I imagined my heart growing blacker and harder with every beat.

#7: As I was leaving the club last night, the security guard says to me, "you look like you had a helluva night."

You have no idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

taco bell, taco hell!!! hotass played in the fire sauce. olay!