Thursday, July 14, 2005

Taking a Trip Down South

All in all, the decision wasn't a hard one. I certainly didn't want to move out the building and have to deal with the moving truck and looking for a place to live.

I certainly didn't want to mooch off my friends for six or more weeks, and not be able to get into my stuff.

So, I've decided to take an apartment in the South Tower. The floor plan is essentially the same. Looking at the empty apartment, it seems smaller. The windows are different. The bathroom fixtures are peach instead of seafoam green. And I face south and east instead of north and west. It should be cooler in the summer because of all the shade on that side. And instead of the skyline view (which I will miss terribly), I do have an idyllic view of the parklike setting behind the building.

The move on July 30th should be relatively easy, since I'm just moving down the elevator, across the lobby and up the other elevator. In fact, I'm considering just moving by putting stuff in a plastic crate to carry it across.

And the more help I have (hint, hint), the less time it will take. Hell, when I moved in, I was moved and unpacked in a matter of hours. That's the test of true friendship!

1 comment:

Dustin said...

Pookie, if I was gonna be on the same side of the country, you know I'd be there....I'll commit Roomie though... ;-)