Thursday, June 9, 2005

Music Makes the People Come Together

One of my greatest fears is that my laptop will crash and that I will lose more than 240 hours of borrowed music. Yes, that's 10 continuous days. Almost 3,000 songs. I could be in some major trouble with the RIAA.

Somewhere in that catalog of popular music, only a lucky few have made my list of the best songs ever. Well, in this case, at least the genres in my Windows Media Player of Dance, Eurodance and Techno. But I am also indecisive so this list changes frequently.

So, here it is in no particular order, my list of and comments on My Most Super Favorite Songs Ever - Effective June 8, 2005 -- The Disco-Dancin' List. And I know that one of my regular readers has an avid disdain for disco-dancin' music.

Everybody, Everybody by Black Box: Hell yeah, it's as ol' skool as they come. But who can resist this one? And even pretending to be a black drag queen named Rita when you think no one is looking. And they were.

Believe by Cher: Man, that Cher knows how a boy feels. And that Cher knows how to give a boy hope.

Nobody's Supposed to Be Here by Deborah Cox: The "No-no-no's" at the crescendo kills me every time.

Girl From the Gutter by Kina: This song contains one of the most brilliant dance song lyrics ever written. "I hope your hell is filled with magazines, and on every page, you see a big picture of me. And on every one, the caption would read, Not Bad for Girl from the Gutter Like Me."

I Will Love Again by Lara Fabian: Ah, this song takes me back to a summer long ago in a tropical paradise when I knew that when I was starting to discover that the asshole I was with really was an asshole. Classic.

Be My Lover by La Bouche: Yeah, long before it was overplayed, this song really was the shit. And I feel cool because I knew it before the rest of the world. Well except Hotass.

Find Another Woman by Reina: She's calm but she's empowered, and she's telling him to kiss her ass.

Lola's Theme by Shapeshifters UK: I don't know who Lola is, but hey, everybody deserves a theme. When I hear this song, I picture myself in a crowded classy lounge sipping a Cosmopolitan that complements my new shirt. Lola's is the name of the lounge.

If You Could Read My Mind by Stars on 54: It's amazing how many great dance songs are covers.

Santa Maria by Tatjana: Another one that takes me back. I used to pretend she was singing "Ave Maria" and work hands folded in prayer and a genuflection into my dance move.

It's Love (Trippin') by Goldtrix featuring Andrea Brown: This song has "rollin' on x" written all over it.

Can't Get You Out of My Head by Kylie Minogue: If there were such a thing as celebrity queefs, Kylie's would be "la-la-la la-la-lala-laffffff." Yeah, that comment was random. Ask me about it.

Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order: Yet another oldie but a goodie. I go back to the five minutes I thought I might have been bisexual. HA!

Murder on the Dancefloor by Sophie Ellis Bextor: If you're singing along, it's a good reason to shout "Goddamn!"

Heaven by DJ Sammy, I See Right Through You by DJ Encore, Sandstorm by Darude, Put Your Hands Up in the Air, Days Go By by Dirty Vegas, Soak Up the Sun (remix) by Sheryl Crow, Rapture by IIO, One More Time by Daft Punk : I could put together a whole CD of music that takes me back to the summer I rediscovered myself. That's a good feeling. And yeah, that One More Time has "rollin' on x" written all over it.

Amokk by 666: Ah, air horns. All I can see is Dougie doing the Dougie Hat Dance.

And, appropriately, finally...

Finally by CeCe Peniston: I always see the scene from Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. This is another classic. Oughta be in every gay boy's hymnal.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Gonna burn this goddamn house right down.

Unknown said...

and just in case I didn't miss you before.. this post and the previous one comes out...

DAMNIT! I want dancing and par-tay and L&M and all that crazy ass shit...

Now I have Ms. Debroah in my head.

L&M