Friday, June 24, 2005

Insert Thumb-Twiddling Here

Lately, by the time Friday rolls around, my mind is mush. For example, I sit at my desk right now. I spent most of the morning developing an agenda for a 2006 planning meeting, but I got bored with it sometime around noon. Since then, I've been trying to look busy.

I checked e-mail (my work account and my two personal accounts) every few minutes to see if there's something I should act on. I've been to the bathroom three times. I've snuck by someone's desk and stole chocolate out of the candy dish. My Dove milk chocolate foil said "Keep the promises you make to yourself." I've read and re-read the blogs of friends and strangers. I've entertained a sexual fantasy or two. I've randomly surfed photos on bigmusclebear.com.

It's not that I don't have more important things to do at work, but dammit, I'm bored with all of them.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

I feel ya...

Kim said...

And that's why we have blogs. But seriously, that's why I am going to try to get my position changed to a four day a week gig.