Monday, January 31, 2005

It Might Be Gas

Swoon.

I've been smitten at least three times since I've moved to Memphis three months ago. But in less time than it takes to change my underwear, the feeling can pass. As Hotass and I used to quip, "I think I might be in love. But then again it just might be gas."

It's pretty typical for me. I go on date after date with perfect-for-someone-else guys, and end up disappointed, either in them (when it's not really their fault), or disappointed in myself because I have such high standards. And then I finally land on someone who appears to be Mr. Right, I can usually within a few dates find something wrong.

The Actor Guy was too girly and too much of a workaholic. The Jag Guy was too hung up on his ex. The Arkansas Guy was too bald and too needy. The Young Guy was too, well, young.

Enter Military Guy. Mmmm...swoon...woof...grrr. And I know there's something wrong with him. A little too gruff. Talks too much. But meanwhile, I'll be eager to figure out if this is just flatulence waiting to happen.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

or.... you might realize one day that everyone has problems, and you'll figure out that the good stuff outweighs the needy-ness or the workaholic-ness (hello kettle, this is pot. You're black.)

Skipper said...

Well you have a point. And I know that I'm capable of over-looking a lot... Take, for example, my last relationship.

buff said...

It's just like someone once said, "Life is like a box of chocolates." It takes some sampling to get at the right piece, the one that melts in your mouth, not in your hands. WOOOF.
Really great blog. Memphis is a really cool place. I'm certain, James, that you will have a great life there. Take care.

Char said...

lol... kettle here too.

gruff can be good.
overtalking is soooo much better than not talking at all.
workaholic means he can pay for things. Lol.

Good luck babe.