Thursday, April 10, 2008

Semi-Clean Bill of Health

So the doctor says to his patient, "I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is you have six months to live." The patient says, "If that's the good news, what's the bad news?" The doctor says, "Your test results are six month late."

Ok, so my follow-up doctor's appointment today wasn't that bad, but it was still a good news/bad news scenario. The good news is that after just a month on blood pressure medication, my BP is down from an all-time high of 140 over 100-and-ohmygod, down to a very, very healthy 100/80. Dr. Marty even checked it a second time after the nurse because he said it was too good to be true. But tis true.

The bad news is that my cholesterol is still far too high for someone my age and weight. And yes I may be packing a few extra pounds (I weigh 168, you nosy bitches, and even that is down from a month ago). So it's cholesterol medication for me -- at least for the next four months.

I guess that's not so bad. In addition to a trip to Key West in July, I've got blood pressure and cholesterol as motivation to diet and exercise.

Also, I think I'll start trying to pack as much gratutious male flesh into my posts as possible. We'll see how that works out.

Currently listening to: Alanis Morissette - Not the Doctor

1 comment: