Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Highlights of the Day

I left work at noon today because I had an appointment at the "happiest place on earth." No, not Disneyland. The happiest place on earth has to be 201 Poplar. Yes, that was sarcasm dripping on you.

For you non-Memphians, that would be the county courthouse, and it is positively the most - as my friend Pink Lady would say - unfortunate place in the city. Seriously, there are some sad, sad people down there, and really, what do they have to be happy about? They're in court. They're going to jail, or they're paying fines -- unless they were me and had the ticket for expired registration and not having valid proof of insurance dismissed.

But seriously, just because you're going to jail, does that give you an excuse to look bad?

When I left court, I got a massage. You see, I pulled a muscle in my lower back over the weekend, and it's gotten sore-er and worse-er since Saturday. Yesterday at work I couldn't stand up straight. It hurted. Bad.

Last night, LarryD bought me dinner and Darvocet. Yes, that's sweet, but what's sweeter is that when he called to ask what I wanted for dinner, I said something from Jason's Deli. He asked what side I wanted. Soup? Chips? Fries?

Fries?, I said. I want fries but Jason's doesn't have fries, so just get me potato salad.

When LarryD showed up with dinner, he had fries. Nothing says love like french fries. I love that man.

Last but not least, today is the day I've been looking forward to for a couple of months now. Madonna's latest album, Hard Candy, was released today. Guess what I'm listening to?

2 comments:

Dustin said...

First, I have been to 201 Poplar for tickets...not so bad. It was the time I actually got locked up that wasn't so happy. But the glove didn't fit, so they had to acquit.

Second, you have a sweet boy.

Third, I'm liking the new Madge record, although she picked the most narcissistic producers in the industry who insist on being heard in each song. Ah well. It still holds up.

Creative Thinker said...

I would agree that 201 is the most unfortunate place on earth. Where else, other than Memphis, would such a place be more widely known by its address rather than its name? And just the numerals at that...It is an unfortunate place and it is unfortunate that I work there...