Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Can't Come Soon Enough

I'm not sure what's going on lately, but I live for Friday. No, more than usual. I mean really I LIVE for Friday. By the time Friday rolls around, I'm positively fit to be tied, and with each passing hour on Friday, I'm more and more fidgety, trying to think of an excuse to leave early and start the weekend.

Today, my boss was gone by the time I got back from lunch; he was off to play golf. Throughout the afternoon, people around me disappeared, their cubes empty, computers dark. And when your boss leaves early on Friday, that's a damn good sign. But I had some things to finish before I could leave...so at 3:45 I was out the door, and I'm fairly certain I skipped to the elevator.

I've always been eager to see Friday come, but since I started this new job in January, I've been feeling a little uninspired. I think I was so desperate to leave the old one that I didn't quite think about what I was jumping into. So now I'm a peon in corporate America, surrounded by accountants. Those accountants speak a language all their own and tend to be a little uptight. So after being around all that for 40 hours a week, it's really no wonder I can't wait for the weekend.

Being an adult sucks.

Currently listening to: Variety Lab - London In the Rain

3 comments:

Hearthhusband said...

So glad you are blogging again. Gives me something to read that I can relate to more than any other...and laugh...it makes me happy.

Hearthhusband said...

okay, with the exception of Dusty's blog...and most of the time it's about India or the UK...I hate that twink of a bitch homo...always trying to talk over my head...that's okay, I got the shoes.

Dustin said...

Lol. I'm so amused. By both you and your readership.

Happy Friday, darling.