Tuesday, April 15, 2008

80 Days

In exactly 80 days, I will be in Key West. At some point on July 4, I will arrive at the Key West Airport (assuming my boyfriend ever gets the plane tickets). I will walk across the tarmac to pick up my suitcase, and will be whisked a few blocks away to haven in paradise.

There will be fruit and coffee every morning. There will be long lazy days relaxing by the pool with a book. There will be afternoon strolls down the quiet streets where the air is thick with tropical fragrance. There will be key lime pie and cocktails in the shade.

Larry-D and I will have our picture made in front of the Southernmost Point in the U.S marker, and we will sleep peacefully in our well-appointed and air conditioned room. We might even take a sunset cruise. We will enjoy fantastic meals with our friends, Rob-Day and Andrew Joseph, and we will check in repeatedly with our friend, Hotass, because we miss him.

And most of all, for seven whole days, I will pretend that I live in this island paradise and that I never have to come back to Memphis.

80 days...tomorrow there will only be 79...

Currently listening to: Zero 7 - Red Dust

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well "Skipper", I am certainly enjoying having you back in the bloggosphere - and just so happens a vacation to Key West is in our forcast too. Let me know how you like Alexander's

TNCubist

Anonymous said...

Alexander's is fabulous! Very low key and nicely appointed with a charming staff. Have Fun!