Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Stories in Search of an Author

Since I started my blog back in January, I've had a gazillion ideas for postings bubble to the surface. And like a gazillion sperm swimming for the egg, some make it and become full fledged posts. But most just die along the way.

And some almost make it, lying in wait in the vaginal canal for their big break, waiting for the next flood of inspiration...this metaphor just got a little too disturbing.

Anyway, I've got a bunch of little swimmers waiting in my drafts folder. Ideas that at least deserved a headline and maybe a couple of sentences. So that these ideas get some validation, here's a run-down of the drafts that may or may not see the light of day.

Hark! The Hairy Angels Sing - Despite my Grinch-like heart, there are still some Christmas songs that can make it grow two sizes big. But I quickly lost interest.

Morbidity At Its Finest - I figured what better place to dictate your funeral instructions than in your blog. But, after three paragraphs, I didn't want to think about it anymore.

Mea Culpa - It was to be a creative way to take my share of responsibility for the downfall of my last relationship. But I decided I wasn't ready to go to those depths yet.

Songs I'm Effin' Lovin' Right Now - I bet in the course of a year I've started this blog about 12 times. But I get bored with it before I can finish it. And then the songs change, and I have to start all over.

Things That Are Funny and Shouldn't Be - I got as far as One-Eyed Kitty, and Lorrie & Dorrie, and decided there way too many things to be captured in one post.

My Secret Lover - It's a secret and so I can't tell you.

Top Ten Reasons Gay Men Aren't Sissies - Well I'm still trying to come up with reasons 4-10.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Funny boy.

Char said...

4. They don't have to be
5. They shave their balls
6. can't think of anything after saying balls.. lol