Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Why not jump on the freakin' bandwagon and make new year's resolutions? I've never been good at keeping them anyway, but this year I resolve will be different.

1. I resolve to keep my new year's resolutions.
2. I resolve to lose 15 pounds by April 30th, and find my size 30/31 waist again. I currently tip the scales at 166.8 pounds, and I would very much like to see 150 again. I got some great pants that I want to squeeze my ass into.
3. I resolve to not feel like I need to wear a shirt by the pool this summer.
4. I resolve to exercise more so that I won't have to wear that shirt, and so I can get my cholesterol and my blood pressure down.
5. I resolve to begin attending a church where I feel comfortable. And no offense, but I'm not sure the Episcopal Church is the way to go for me. I want to at least attend once a month, maybe First Congo or the Unitarian Universalist.
6. I resolve to paint more.
7. I resolve to write more, something that isn't posted on this blog.
8. I resolve to get out of the house more.
9. I resolve to love my job.

Eh, maybe I'm maybe asking too much of myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of times, we put pressure in ourselves to hit goals or things we want from ourselves.
My opinion is to enjoy what we have now, and if we wan to better ourselves because of us and not what we read or what we see in pictures of how we should be , to live moment …..then that is what we should be thankful for.
Sometimes we have to let go of who we are to become who we will be, in other words, knock down those bricks in your wall and let your friends and family and people who might want to be closer to come into you , and understand you .
To love the one that you love, well then that is fabulous!
Love for the New Year

Anonymous said...

ok, retype .............................................A lot of times, we put pressure in ourselves to hit goals or things we want from ourselves.
My opinion is to enjoy what we have now, and if we want to better ourselves because of us and not what we read or what we see in pictures of how we should be , to live moment …..then that is what we should be thankful for.

Sometimes we have to let go of who we are to become who we will be,
in other words, knock down those bricks in your wall and let your friends and family and people who might want to be closer to come into you and understand you .
For you to find someone to ove the one that you love, well then that is fabulous!
Love for the New Year