Saturday, January 28, 2006

I Hoped for Something Profound...

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fourth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 5 sentences (#4, 5, 6, 7 & 8) on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest. No cheating.

I cheated. The two closest books on the shelf were Dr. Phil self-help books, Self-Matters and Relationship Rescue, and quite frankly, I think he's mostly full of shit now.

So I grabbed the third nearest book. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt.

"...There are times I don't feel like puttin' on a dress or makin' my face. But I come down here and do it anyway, because it's my job. It's how I make my living. And I'll tell you somethin' else: It's damn hard work bein' a girl full time!"

"Chablis," said Burt..."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a weird chain letter deal. LOL

Char said...

What book is it?

-Pregnant Isis, after all, hid in the crocodile infest swaps of New Delta.
-It was the safest spot she knew.
-In ancient days, the papyrus plant, which once lined the Nile, was a hieroglyphic emblem of lower Egypt, especially that Nile Delta swamp-land.
-It also served as a protective emblem from crocodiles, lending new meaning to Moses' cradle on the Nile, formed from papyrus.
- Draw the hieroglyph on parchment and carry it as a talisman

Bernie Keating said...

I let him come anyway, thinking we could most probably work until two, but Maggie arrived on the dot of one while I was in the middle of of a painting.


Book: Stars In My Eyes.
Author: Don Bachardy talking about Maggie Smith.

Bernie
http://berniekeating.blogspot.com/

korn chick said...

The Female Pope, called the High Priestess by occultists, is a dark girl crowned with the triple tiara and horns of the moon, setting on a thron between two pillers, one black one white. The pillers mean duality, opposites and woman. Between them is a veil-the unbroken hymen, virginity. Her path leads from Kether (God) down to Tiphereth (christ) and in Christian terms she is the Virgin Mary. In occult terms she is gnosis, the ultimate knowledge of God, and she is the gateway to heaven (and so corretsponds to the moon, which is 'the gateway to heaven' because it is the heavenly bod nearest the earth).