Thursday, August 11, 2005

WWSD: What Would Skipper Do?

Char posed a question on her blog. Yeah, I usually find the "deserted island" questions asinine. What would you want on a deserted island? Um, a boat. Or a working HAM radio. And really do people really end up stranded on a deserted island? If their ship sinks or their plane goes down, they're not really stranded these days. They're dead.

But I'll humor Char and answer her questions.

If you were stranded on a deserted island...
Forever...What 3 songs would you want with you? What 3 movies would you want with you?(Yes, you were miraculously stranded with a DVD/CD player)


Really? All of the necessary stuff didn't survive the float to the island? But the DVD/CD player with a renewable source of energy did? COOL!

So here are my answers.

The three songs. This is hard because I'm a music whore.

1. I Will Survive by Gloria Gayor. C'mon, you gotta have a little inspiration to go find coconuts and bananas. What better song to keep you motivated as you haul palm fronds back to your hut, or spear fish in the lagoon?
2. Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult. I gotta have a song so I can figure out the lyrics, and then ponder the meaning of life and death while I squat by the fire.
3. Jolene by Dolly Parton. A song to remember that the new emaciated me can steal any man in town once I get back to town.

The three movies?

1. Sordid Lives. A reminder of the folks back home.
2. Castaway. Proof that, if Tom Hanks can get back home, maybe even I will have a job waiting for me at FedEx. And a friend-slash-volleyball named Wilson.
3. The entire Star Wars epic. I got plenty of time. I could watch the whole series uninterrupted. And pretend to blast Ewoks out of the trees.

1 comment: