Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Reason to Upgrade?

I had this great post about how when I was at The Dynamic Duo's, I picked up some fag rag while the Artist was scooping up Abby poop in the kitchen and saw a full-page ad for this new show on Showtime. Well, I failed to notice that Blogger was performing maintenance and that post disappeared into the blogosphere.

Frankly, I don't have the energy to re-create it. So here are the basics.

Showtime has a new show called Weeds. It's like Desperate Housewives with a new character named Mary Jane. And which Gaggle member (also known as a "Goose") wouldn't be intrigued and entertained by that?

The premise of the show is that Nancy (played by Mary-Louise Parker) loses her husband and seeks a way to support her upscale suburban family, so she becomes a pot dealer. Add in a diverse cast of characters and whoa, watch the dramedy ensue.

I went on at length about how it was disappointing that broadcast television couldn't get by with the same stuff that the pay networks could. And my point was that conservative America was controlling the airwaves. Funny how I went from dog poop to Republicans with "family values" in just six paragraphs.

At any rate, the rebellion against conservatism wasn't going to lead me to subscribe to Showtime which would require a massive financial upgrade on my part.

Therefore, I proposed mooching. How about Gaggle gatherings at those who have Showtime already on Mondays at 9 until Desperate Housewives came back after summer hiatus? Or how about Dusty and Bobo Tivo'ing it and saving it DVD for proper sharing among friends?

So there's the post, the abridged version.

And incidentally, just as I finished this post, a commercial for Weeds came on CBS during CSI: Milwaukee or some other city. And the tag line is great.

Weeds: A New Series About Dealing in the Suburbs.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

I'll talk to Bobo...we've been watching it anyway...may as well share it w/ you.... ;-)

Char said...

omg.. is it on already? i totally wanted to watch that. sniff sniff.. i dont have showtime...