Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Silly Rabbit, These Tricks Are NOT for Kids...


Maybe it's also known as cuckoo for Cock-o-Puffs? Posted by Hello

I never hear straight folks talk about "tricks." Well at least, not in the same sense that gay men talk about tricks. To a straight person, a trick might be what a hooker turns. To a gay man, it is the man of the hour, the gentleman caller, the cheap thrill, the hook-up, the one-night stand, but I'm surprised that this term hasn't made its way into the straight mainstream.

Wouldn't it be cool to hear college girls whining about the trick they picked up last night at the SAE house, the one who ripped her new pair of Vickie's Secretion panties? Or the total straight guy in the sports bar talking about the trick with the huge rack he banged til four this morning?

Actually I'm kinda glad they haven't picked up on this lingo yet.

Tricking is as integral to gay culture as Cher and flower arranging. We have movies devoted to it. We even have software dedicated to tracking your tricks, complete with fields for dick size, kissing ratings, classifications (top, bottom, etc.), their photos, and where you met an what you did. I downloaded the software for "research" purposes. (An interesting side note -- HotAss, another friend and I came up with this concept -- the TrickTracker 2000 -- YEARS ago except we lacked the expertise to develop and market it.)

No one denies that the gays are a sexual bunch. And many live from one trick to the next, notching their bedposts down to toothpicks. But I suspect that most of us hope that the next trick will be the one that turns into THE ONE. Tricks turn into fuck buddies or boy friends or friends and even long-term relationships. But most of the time, they're just tricks, an object to relieve a little sexual tension, a playground for recreational fucking.

In the days when we used to be persecuted and prosecuted for being gay (oh, wait, we still are!), tricks could be found in parks, rest areas, bathrooms, and bars. Now with the advent of the Internet, a trick is a just a mouse-click away.

For me, I don't like to trick as much as I used to. I admit that I do, and most gay men who say they don't, well, check to see if their pants are on fire. Tricking has lost a lot of its mystery for me. Aside from the obvious danger, it lacks an emotional connection. And sometimes that's fine when masturbation has lost it's fun, the batteries have died in the vibrating eggs or I let my subscription to TitanMen.com run out. But at this point in my life, I'd rather have a relationship, or even a good fuckbuddy, instead of 100 meaningless tricks. Well that's how I feel today anyway.

And for the record, my iTrick only has one entry.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to ask my readers approximately how many "tricks" they've had in their lifetime. Comment anonymously if you'd like, and by "tricks" I mean anyone -- relationship, fb, bf, or one-timers -- you've had sex with (and the operative word in "oral sex" is sex).

--A special shout-out to Steveshairdo, who sent the link for iTrick, and got this whole thing rolling.

6 comments:

Dustin said...

One. Romantic? Absolutely. Perfect? Moreso than myself. Forever? He'd better be. ;-)

Anonymous said...

{Walks to the end of the runway....holds up three fingers...twirls back around and heads back down the runway. Velvet curtain drops and the lights go dim.}

Char said...

Ok, I believe the question was "How many tricks have you had?" Well.. lets just say that when I started counting how many ppl I've had sex with my initial reaction was "Jeezus I'm a slut".. hahaha.. and my 2nd reaction was "Yeah, but hell it's been fun!". But wait.. tricks.. is that a one night stand? Oh.. well there was:
Greg
Margaret
Angela
Those were my only 1 night stands. Hey.. when you're this good, they come back for 4ths.
*giggle*
As for total ppl slept with.. Only the Rabbit knows.
*Kisses*

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm famous...but for showing tricking software. hum...now people are going to think it possible for a stocky hairy chested guy to get laid... I think I just lost all my bardering power. DAMN!

PJ said...

6: 3 of each, which kept me entertained enough at the time...

Kim said...

Oh, why comment anonymously. 18 tricks. Of that, 4 were one night stands and 5 were oral only. Now that a I run a "real sex" blog I guess I should be open and honest (but I sure hope that my bf doesn't find this). PS. It took me a about 15 minutes to finalize this list. Names that I had tried to forget kept popping into my head. But at least I remembered their names.