Wednesday, March 9, 2005

MTV, Pimp My Office Furniture!

Over the weekend, HotAss and I indulged in a little project. I found this old metal credenza in the basement at work, and it needed a makeover before I carted it into my apartment.

Now you know how on Trading Spaces, they redesign two rooms in 48 hours on $1,000 each. It's that 48 hours thing that I think is bullshit. Repainting, installing rope lights, and adding frosted plexiglass doors took eight hours - from picking up the credenza at the office to putting it in place. One piece of furniture. Eight hours. There's no way those folks on TS remodel two rooms in 48 hours...

Anyway, I love it. I have a total of $50 bucks invested in it (and that includes sodas for me and Hotass). And the red is smashing in my apartment. The perfect energy on that wall.

Now...everyone is invited to the stock-the-bar party...


The reveal Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Stock the bar! Stock the bar! I'm SO in....

Char said...

Yeah, and I'm riding with "Ethan". Since, of course, he'll have the martini mixes.
I'll bring the Strawberry daquiri mix & Tequila.
Tell Hotass I said to bring the Vod'ke!
The desk looks great btw!