Monday, March 6, 2006

Robbery at the Kodak Theatre

I don't care how hard it is out here for a pimp. It's harder for a trannie.

And that's why Dolly deserved to win Best Song for "Travelin' Thru."

Of course, if a downhome girl from East Tennessee couldn't win, it might as well be some Memphis gangstas representin' the other side of the state.

And I really think Felicity Huffman deserved the best actress award. Come on, she is a woman playing a man turning into a woman. That can't possibly be an easy role. But at least she lost to Reese Witherspoon, who is just cute as a little bottle of buttermilk. I can't rate her perfomance since I didn't see "Walk the Line," but she's just so cute.

I'm not sure I understand the Academy's recognition of Reese and Philip Seymour Hoffman. I'm sure both performances were stellar, but doesn't it seem that it would be easier to play real characters? They had real people to serve as a jumping off point for their roles. Not like Felicity Huffman and Heath Ledger who created their characters basically out of nothing but words on a page.

And did anyone in the world actually see "Crash?" Wasn't that a James Spader movie where people got off on car wrecks?

And it might have been just me but everytime the camera cut to Jake Gyllenhaal, he seemed to be looking at Heath Ledger with the desperate look of unrequited love.

Or maybe it was just the look of sour grapes.

2 comments:

Char said...

I seen crash... it wasn't a bad movie.. a little weird really... matt damon did a good job in that movie. ok so i didnt see the whole movie.. just most of it on hbo or some channel. Lol.

xo

Unknown said...

a direct response to you is on my blog... I love Oscar time... such differing opinions!